What are the Best Literature Teaching Strategies, How can Shakespeare be taught to children who are accustomed to tiny screens with quick flashes of communication. 온라인카지노
That fade away (both in meaning endurance and visible text)? Begin by concentrating on meaning.
The context and need are clear enough to proceed with the strategies.
- Combine media-classic with media-modern elements, leveraging one against the other. Music, video streams, short videos (like TikTok), video games, dramas, poems, cinema, posters, poems, essays, novels, podcasts, and other forms of media
- Students should evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of various media forms, including both traditional and digital ones.
- Students should convert essays into movies, podcasts, letters, simple-coded games, poems, and apps. (Also see #7.)
- Allow students to select material while you select topics, academic standards, and/or quality standards.
- When designing units, prioritize the media over the standards (yes, this likely goes against what you were taught–but give it a try).
- Make it a requirement that every student work “leaves the classroom” and is publicized, and then build units accordingly.
- The acronym RAFT stands for Role, Audience, Format, and Topic/Tone/Theme. Then have them adapt media to reflect new roles, audiences, forms, topics, tones, or themes. Martin Luther King’s “I Have A Dream Speech” in a new format (a video? ), for a new audience (current hip-hop artists? ), and with a new tone (angry?). Students experimenting here are experimenting with media design, much like authors. 카지노사이트
- Use a theme focus to develop modules, examinations, project-based learning, and whatever activities students ‘touch.’ One of the distinguishing features of classic literature is its enduring quality. This is owed, in part, to the timeless nature of the human predicament. Love lost, coming of age, overcoming hurdles, civil rights, identity, and other themes are all central to the greatest films.
The capacity to nail these circumstances in the texts gives them the ability to endure, so teach through that.
A student may not find the author (e.g., Shakespeare) or media form (e.g., a play) relevant—and that’s fine.
The author selected that shape based on current local technology.
Assist them in focusing on what is being said, why it is being stated, and how it is being said.
- Use digital text annotation capabilities on pdfs, note-sharing, and other tools to let students mark text, capture questions and insights, revisit thinking, and collaborate with others while reading classic literature.
- Create reading groups on social media. Create a hashtag that will serve as an anchor for a year-long discussion on specific topics, writers, texts, or any other category/topic that makes sense for your curriculum.
- As previously said, have students establish and maintain an ongoing podcast or YouTube channel about pertinent ideas, authors, texts, and so on. 카지노 블로그
- To emphasize the information demands of modern readers, connect the old with the new in meaningful ways.